a miserable heart means a miserable life, but a cheerful heart fills the day with song.
-proverbs 15.15-

Monday, April 11, 2011

What a beautiful world...

It's spring! Let's all give a big HOORAY!

Oh how I wish this past weekend could have lasted forever. Yesterday was the first time in a while that I have been in complete denial that today would be Monday. To say that waking up this morning was difficult would be a gigantic understatement.

Will you re-live this weekend with me for a few minutes?

Thank you :)

It started off bright and early on Friday morning at about 7:00 as Katharine and I headed to a bagel restaurant to have breakfast with some of our middle school girls. Despite the earliness and lack of caffeine in my system, Friday morning is quickly becoming one of my favorite parts of the week. Time with those girls is always filled with laughter...usually about absolutely nothing. So much fun.
Moving forward... classes were cancelled on Friday due to this thing the university does where students present research all day long. Students are encouraged to attend the presentations throughout the day. So, naturally, David and I went hiking. It was beautiful and so much fun.
I really couldn't have asked for a better way to spend a day. Then (after a much needed shower), itwas baseball game time! Our sorority has an "informal" the night before formal and this year it was a trip to our city's baseball game. I honestly think that was the first time I have stayed the entire time at a baseball game and enjoyed every second of it. Tons of fun. And then it was movie night time. This week's flick: Wall-E. Quality.

On to Saturday! Chain of events: breakfast with some of my favorite people, haircut, target run, getting ready and then FORMAL! Aka my favorite event of the year. A night full of good food, great people, and swing dancing...I mean, what more could you ask for? Basically all of my favorite things in one place. Because Jesus was there too, which is really cool. So yeah, all of my favorite things were there. We danced the night away (still reaping those consequences...but totally worth it) and it was a blast. Sunday was relaxing and beautiful. It felt like summer.

Basically one of the best weekends to date. I am so blessed. Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure.

1 comment: